Saturday, May 9, 2015

The Skipper Fantasy...

The producers knew what would draw
attention in the opening credits.


Anyone remember Gilligan's Island in the late 70's early 80's?

When I was a young man just starting out, I knew at the time I was different because various shows on television caught my attention.

Gilligan's Island seem to be on my radar with the opener that listed the cast and when they got to the skipper, "whammo".... The bulge was quite evident showing the captain to have bravery and confidence.
I believe the producers for the show knew of the power of the bulge. From the early years to around the early 90's seem to be the best years for the bulge. It was more visible and admired by most, but then the era of clothing designers and critics happened. 

The bulge became the topic comedic jokes and banter, lessening the power of the confidence in men to showing off the bulge.

Alan hale and the knew the power of showing bulge throughout the various episodes would draw bulge lovers in to watch the show to see if the bulge would make an appearance. 

I was one of them who was a faithful watcher of the show. After the run of the show there hasn't been a bulge like that of the skipper, an older burly man who naturally showed bulge.

When I got to college, I met a professor in art history who was of thin build around 68 years old who had an amazing bulge thats in comparison to that of Alan Hale.

This post is a dedication to Alan Hale for bringing the bulge to the masses and allowing us to enjoy the show with a little visual we could admire.


2 comments:

  1. So much love for this blog. You're doing the lord's work. I used this post as inspiration for today's entry about Hale's 1970 full ball exposure. It's pretty spectacular: THE SKIPPER SHOWED FULL, NAKED BALLBACK IN 1970’S THERE WAS A CROOKED MAN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tyler,
      Thank you so much for the kind words. I've checked out you blog article and WOW!!! It's amazing. Let's continue to make BULGES famous.
      Mark

      Delete