Saturday, November 8, 2014

Holiday Memories of the Grandpa Bulge

Holiday's for most of us would be fun filled family time to enjoy all activities the festive season bring every year.

Well, who can remember visiting friends and the general of the household would be sitting in that easy chair nursing the obvious bulge?


I can recall at age 21 a friend invited me to their home for Christmas one year. The day was a bit chilled and felt like it could be a winters day in sunny southern California. My friend introduced me to his family, I must say a very loving family.

After introducing me to the family members, he walked me to another room where his grand-father (59 years old) was sitting watching the game. When I walking into the living area, I notice he was sitting with a bulge...which he may have noticed my eyes were glued. After conversing with him, he struck me as a very intriguing man with a great presence of accomplishment and dominance.

We talked for a few hours about various subjects which I like that he wasn't afraid to tell dirty jokes. From that point I felt comfortable enough to compliment him on the way his bulge was sitting. I was expecting the mood in the room to change with a negative turn, but he smiled and nodded his head in appreciation of the compliment. He seemed a bit embarrassed that it was very obvious but I could see it made him feel good to have a compliment of that sort.



1 comment: